Central database LINC, V 1.0
Climate (model) data
- Nearly all climate datasets from the instrumental record (and many of the (IPCC -AR4) GCM data sets) can be downloaded using the KNMI Climate Explorer from http://climexp.knmi.nl
- Nearly all proxy data records can be downloaded from http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/data.html
- The CMIP5 data base of IPCC - AR5 models can be found on http://cmip-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cmip5/data_getting_started.html
- Monthly average global SURFACE air temperature (SAT) fields were used for climate Network construction in the paper
- J.F. Donges, Y. Zou, N. Marwan and J. Kurths, Complex networks in climate dynamics, European Physical Journal Special Topics 174, 157-179 (2009)
- R. Kistler, E. Kalnay, W. Collins, S. Saha, G. White, J. Woollen, M. Chelliah, W. Ebisuzaki, M. Kanamitsu, V. Kouskz, et. al., Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 82, 247 (2001)).
model output from the World Climate Research Programme's (WVRP's) is found at
- Coupled Model Intercomparison Project phase 3 (CMIP3) multi-model data set (G. Meehl, C. Covey, T. Delworth, M. Latif, B. McAvaney, J. Mitchell, R. Stouffer, K. Taylor, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 88, 1383 (2007)).
- These data were used also in:
- A.Tsonis and P.Roebber, Physica A 333,(2004) 497-504
- A.Tsonis, K.L. Swanson, and P.Roebber,Bull. Am. Meteorol.Soc. 87, (2006) 585-595.
- A.Tsonis, K.L. Swanson, and G Wang, J. Clim. 21,(2008) 2990-3001.
- A.Tsonis and K.L. Swanson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, (2008) 228502.
- K. Yamasaki, A. Gozolchiani, and S. Havlin, Phys. Rev. Lett.100,(2008) 228501
- A. Gozolchiani, K. Yamasaki, O. Gazit, and S. Havlin, Europhys. Lett.83,(2008) 28005.
- J. F. Donges, Y. Zou, N. Marwan, and J. Kurths, The backbone of the climate network, Europhys. Lett.,(2009)
- Global monthly averaged and VERTICALLY RESOLVED atmospheric geopotential height field covering the troposphere and the lower stratosphere. Reanalysis 1 data provided by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCEP/NCAR)(R. Kistler, E. Kalnay, W. Collins, S. Saha, G. White, J. Woollen, M. Chelliah, W. Ebisuzaki, M. Kanamitsu, V. Kouskz, et. al., Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 82, 247 (2001))
were used in paper:
- J.F. Donges, H.C.H. Schulz, N. Marwan, Y. Zou, and J. Kurths, Investigating the topology of interacting networks, Eur. Phys. J.B. 84, 635-651, (2011).
Climate records from the North Atlantic region to a period of about 1470 years during the last glacial period were discussed in paper:
- H. Braun, P. Ditlevsen, J. Kurths and M. Mudelsee, Limitation of red noise in analysing DO events, Clim. Past, 6, 85-92, (2010)
- Grootes and Stuiver, J. Geophzs. Res., 102 (C12), 26455-26470, (1997) and M. Schulz, Paleoceanography, Vol. 17, No. 2, 10.1029/2000PA000571, (2002)